Friday, January 6, 2012

Thrift Store Finds and Challenge Day 5

Do you love to shop?  Me, too.  It's relaxing and fun . . . but tough on my pocketbook!  To satisfy my shopping urge, I often slip into a thrift store just a few blocks from my office.   I love to keep an eye on their inventory of picture frames.  Today, I found these for $1.99 each . . .


My original intent was to remove and replace the prints and possibly paint the frames, but I really like them.  I'll leave them as they are for the time being.  What do you think?

I also bought this decorative tile (actual size about 12" x 12") for $2.99.


and yet another framed print for $1.99.


This satisfied my shopping craving ... for today.


Part II.
Day 5 of the Organizational Challenge over at A Bowl Full of Lemons is a challenge to organize the area underneath your kitchen sink.  Ugh.  I pretty much avoided this space unless I just had to do business under there.  Here is the

... BEFORE 


A jumble of cleaning supplies and flower vases. 



Out all of it came.. The cabinet was cleaned and lined with non-slip liner and supplies placed on a tray to slide in and out of the cabinet.  I stored two metal colanders in the back corner of the cabinet (previously wasted space).

Kitchen towel and washcloths are stored in stacking bins in front. 

I was inspired by Rita May's post HERE over at May Days.

Here is my AFTER photo . . .

Soooo much better.


The space is utilized much better.

Day 5 - DONE!

I'd love to know where your organizational journey is taking  you.

 Maybe in my next post I'll share a little bit of the design whirlwind that's going on in my brain.  I've gotta do something about it - I've can't sleep 'cause my brain can't slow down!  Whew...

Until then,

Live, Love and Learn...


I'm so glad you stopped by!

1 comment:

  1. Anita, You are a better woman than I am for showing all of your "Before" shots! Everything is looking good! Love your floral prints and the tile is Outstanding. When you are ready there are a Million "Link" parties you can join to get more exposure for your blog. Beaux R'eves XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete