Monday, January 9, 2012

Organizational Challenge Day 6



Okay, I'll admit it.  I'm a little distracted tonight.  College football championship .... organize dresser drawers .... college football championship ... organize dresser drawers.   It's a little hard to concentrate.  You see, if you're not from the South, you may find it hard to relate to all this football madness.  But it's a big part of life... for a large percentage of our year.  And when it's not football season, we're looking forward to, planning for and preparing for...... next football season.  Here's my favorite football player . . . and his sister.  Cute, huh?

Tonight..... Roll Tide!!!

But, let's get to the Organizational Challenge.  Head over to A Bowl Full of Lemons to participate in the Challenge along with me.  If you're just joining in....you're not behind; jump in where you are!


Day 6 - Dresser Drawers


 The drawers were not that disorganized, but were really overstuffed.


Out it all came onto my bed.  I sorted the clothes into items to keep, donate and discard. 
Next, the "keep" items were neatly folded and replaced in the drawers. 


It makes such a different to weed out those items that I don't wear, don't fit or I just don't like.  I'm still working on jewelry storage and we'll address the jewelry box in another post. 

Are you beginning to see a pattern to this organizing idea?

1.  Decide on a manageable area to tackle.
(Don't ignore that word "manageable."  You don't want to be overwhelmed)
2.  Empty the cabinet/drawer/closet of everything. (Yes, everything!)
3.  Wipe down/clean the area to be organized.
4.  Sort the contents into three categories:  Keep, Donate, Discard
5.  Replace the items utilizing organizational tools.
6. Stand back and feel the satisfaction of a job well done!

You can apply these principles to just about anything you want to organize. 
Please let me know how you're tackling (uh oh ... football and blogging don't mix....unintended pun!) your home.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!
HAPPY ORGANIZING!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love a good before and after. I feel all inspired to sort a pile of stuff now. My problem is actually getting the 'to donate' stuff TO the donation place :) I have several boxes and bags sitting around here that have got to go... maybe I'll start there.

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog, for your incredibly sweet comment, and for being a new follower! That was such a pleasant surprise, especially since I've been a bit of a blog flake lately. It's nice to 'meet' you, Anita! Good luck with your organizing challenge!

    ReplyDelete