Monday, January 2, 2012

Takin' Care of Business

Day One's Junk Drawer Challenge was fun and gave me a nice satisfying feeling of accomplishment. How about you?  I had to open the junk drawer every time I passed it today and smile!   If you didn't get started yesterday, jump in where you are!  We are participating in the 21 Day Organizational Challenge over at A Bowl Full of Lemons.  Getting started - taking that first step - is the hardest part.  Make this year different! Dont' just resolve to get organized . . . DO IT!  You'll be so glad you did.




Day Two:  The Computer Desk

Day Two presented a little extra challenge for me.  I don't actually have a computer desk, but I've been meaning to set one up.  Soooooo, this challenge actually got me rolling.   There is a student desk in our basement that was a gift from a relative.  After calling in a favor from my husband, it made the trip upstairs.  I've actually been thinking of painting it.  But that's a post for another day.  But if I wait 'till all is perfect, .... well, you know how that goes.


Here is my sweet little desk complete with cobwebs. 




First, I gave it a desperately needed polish and perched my beloved laptop (a recent gift from my sweet husband) in the center.  Not much room left!  But then I set out on a search for a container for pencils/pens. And look what I came up with.  Cute!


A red chair and a few accessories finish it up!  While it is almost "doll-size," and I can't wait to add a cork board, white board, etc.,  and maybe, just maybe, a bigger desk, I'm lovin' my new work space! 
Have you been putting off a project because all's not perfect?  Get started! 
Can't wait to hear how your projects are coming along!
Until next time, 
Anita

1 comment:

  1. I love your ball jar full of pens; it's so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete