Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Linen Closet Organization

Well, I have to admit it.  I'm embarassed to show my "Before" picture.  But here goes...



 BEFORE

Ewwwww....


You know, I don't know why this didn't drive me nuts before now.  So thankful that this Challenge is forcing me to face areas that I normally would just pass on by.

Out everything came and boy was there a lot!  There were quite a few items that didn't belong in that closet at all.  They were all distributed into their proper places throughout the house.  Lots of items belonged in the workroom in the basement.  Others simply belonged in the trash!

I have accumulated lots of personal care items through couponing that were stored in that closet, as well - toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving cream, etc., well, you get the idea.

I did not purchase new "organizing tools."  Although I would have loved to have taken a shopping trip before I tackled this area, I have resolved to use what I have first.  I used several boxes left over from my daughter's dorm room when she was away at school.  They didn't all match, but they corral the "stuff" just fine. 

Organizing my linen closet was the last thing I wanted to do after working all day and cooking dinner.  But I have to say, the satisfaction was worth it all!!

Are you ready?

Drum roll, please....


AFTER!




That's it for Day 4 of the Organizational Challenge.  Head on over to A Bowl Full of Lemons to see what Toni's been up to and check out the Day 4 results from around blogland.

Hope you're having as much fun with this as I am!

Thanks for stoppin' by y'all!



2 comments: